How Does Integrated Marketing Fit Into the Bigger Picture?
Integrated marketing, multi-channel marketing, and omnichannel marketing are indicative of the evolution of marketing in a robust and diverse digital landscape. When differentiating between the three, it can help to think in these terms, with each one adding a respective layer of distinction:
- The focus of multi-channel marketing is to reach the largest number of customers in your target audience.
- The focus of omnichannel marketing is to reach the largest number of customers in your target audience, while streamlining your messages to them across all channels.
- The focus of integrated digital marketing is to reach the largest number of customers in your target audience, while streamlining your omni-channel messages to them in a way that makes the most sense for them personally—through data measurement and analysis.
A Real-Life Example
To illustrate, let’s look at how integrated digital marketing fits into the bigger picture within a specific industry: travel. When it comes to choosing digital marketing channels and considering disruptive digital trends in the travel industry, the primary focus today is on direct response and programmatic advertising.
Beyond this, smartphones and wearables unlock location-specific info for travel consumers in real-time. User reviews and travel recommendations become invaluable. And social media profiles increasingly serve as a connection from customers and potential customers to airlines and hotel operators, opening doors to a wide array of exclusive perks and benefits. Again, the focus is to:
- Reach the largest number of customers in your target audience (choosing the right channels: direct response, programmatic, etc.)
- Streamline your messages across all chosen channels
- Personalize your messages (using available data and analysis from smartphones, wearables, social media profiles & activity, etc.)
Integrated Digital Marketing in Three Steps
Building an effective, integrated, omni-channel digital marketing campaign is not easy. But these three steps are critical to helping marketers succeed:
- Identify which channels convert. By utilizing technology, your team can identify where and how different channels (email marketing, social media, etc.) affect one another to better understand which ones are driving performance and business.
- Get to know your target audience. By analyzing first- and third-party data regarding customer behavior, you can predictively determine which digital content will perform best and strategize accordingly.
- Align your digital marketing strategies. For your integrated digital marketing strategy to be successful, you must ensure that your digital talent and internal departments are structured to work in unison. Not only will this foster cross-channel collaboration, it will also drive impact across numerous marketing functions.
Implementing an Integrated Digital Marketing Strategy
Selligent Marketing Cloud has developed an innovative marketing automation platform that helps B2C marketers implement effective integrated digital marketing strategies. Simple to use, yet sophisticated in every way, our platform offers campaign management and relationship marketing solutions to help CMOs and marketing directors better understand their target audiences, without putting additional strain on their internal marketing resources.
Key Selligent Marketing Cloud features include:
- Rapid onboarding and implementation
- Sophisticated marketing tools built around the complex customer journeys of today
- Data-driven dynamic personalization
- Scalable automation across all channels
- An intuitive interface designed to meet the unique pain points of marketers
If you’re ready to launch a more customer-centric marketing strategy; one that will improve customer experience and increase retention, it’s time to consider Selligent Marketing Cloud. With Selligent Marketing Cloud, you can execute a successful integrated digital marketing strategy in no time.
Contact Selligent Marketing Cloud today to find out how.