We've been a customer of Selligent for almost 6 years and our relationship with Selligent has allowed us to be more 1-to-1: to be more relationship focused, be less batch, less blast and really communicate with our members
How are Marketers Using Omnichannel Marketing?
Omnichannel marketing aims to streamline the messages that customers receive from a brand and make them consistent across several channels (email, newsletters, websites, etc.). The goal of omnichannel marketing is to view the overall customer experience from the customer's perspective to better understand their purchasing journeys and accommodate their unique buying needs.
How Important is Omnichannel Marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is an essential strategy for those who want to reach a broader audience and effectively engage with customers. In fact, 62 percent of marketers currently have or plan to implement an omnichannel strategy, and 70 percent view omnichannel marketing as important or very important.
Implementing an Omnichannel Marketing Strategy
When considering an omnichannel marketing strategy, it helps to think of it as a more personalized, one-on-one buying experience for customers that allows them to access products or services in a way that is most convenient for them. Below are four tips for implementing an omnichannel marketing strategy.
1. Understand your customers. In fact, really understand your customers. Contextual marketing is the new foundation for delivering customer value. You need to gather demographic and behavioral data, psychographic information—including a person's interests, options, and values—and affinities, such as a customer's price sensitivity, brand loyalty, and channel affinity.
2. Distribute your efforts evenly. The point of omnichannel marketing is to display across multiple channels. Therefore, an omnichannel strategy that puts most of its efforts into social media while allowing newsletters and email communications to fall by the wayside does not have a good chance of succeeding.
3. Measure and analyze your data. Never before have CMOs had so much data at their fingertips—from website activity and customer feedback to social media "likes" and email subscriptions. All of these things provide a glimpse into what your customers think about and how they engage with your brand. Customer disposition is, at its core, about constructing genuine, valuable profiles of individual customers, so measuring data is crucial.
4. Consider a marketing automation solution. With so much going into omnichannel marketing, many businesses just don't have the manpower or resources to implement an effective strategy. At Selligent Marketing Cloud, we understand some of your biggest pain points:
- An over-burdened team
- Integration issues
- Poor visibility into customer behavior
We aim to solve these issues with a flexible and innovative platform. Not only will our relationship marketing solution allow you to work smarter and increase efficiency, it will also help you create multi-touch, omnichannel campaigns without the support of an in-house analytics team.
Ready to learn more? Check out what Selligent Marketing Cloud has done for notable brands across many industries. Or you can read through some of our white papers to learn more.
Contact us today to get started!