We attended Enterprise Connect last week in Orlando – a leading conference where industry insiders meet to discuss enterprise communications and collaboration challenges and brainstorm creative solutions. There was a big focus on how emerging technologies can remove the growing silos across marketing, sales and service and how companies can collaborate to strengthen the connections with consumers.
Expert panel: producing real improvements in CX
The week kicked off with our CEO speaking on a panel on Monday morning alongside CX thought leaders: Tod Famous of Cisco, Matthew Saskin of Dimension Data and Janelle Dieken of Genesys, and moderated by Chris Marron of analyst firm MZA. They discussed the intersection of data and customer care, and how both AI and the human channel is going to define the way organizations approach CRM in the future. While the move to omnichannel contact centers is an ongoing trend, progress has actually been slower than anticipated.
Key takeaways from the panel:
- Exceptional customer experience requires constant communication and continuous improvement: empower team members who interact with customers to resolve their issue. Empowered employees are more engaged and productive in delivering greater business value.
- Data isn’t limited to what customers have told a brand; departments across an organization need detailed insight on interactions to get a full picture of the customer.
- $206B is spent on marketing technology with roughly only 2% conversion rate. Putting the Marketing + Sales + Service journey together is crucial; a powerful technology platform is required to make this a reality.
- The role of contact center agents has evolved thanks to technology. They are now empowered and have more capabilities – can solve complex problems with AI at their fingertips, make suggestions or offer the next best action in real-time to consumers.
- Voice/human channel will remain key for service, but consider other digital advancements to power that channel and plan for the future. Don’t let the past dictate your future.
Bridging the sales/service/marketing divide with Servion
We announced a strategic partnership with leading Customer Experience Management provider Servion Global Solutions on Day 2 of the show. The partnership offers B2C companies integrated, omnichannel solutions across marketing, sales and support – driving elevated customer experiences and strategic business growth. The partnership enables companies to leverage data-powered insights across all three key areas to create intelligent, contextual, and fully-connected digital experiences that can bring:
- Lower cost through proactive customer communications and call deflection
- Higher opportunities for up-sells and cross-sells given full insight into the customer journey
- Tailored and consistent communications to every customer regardless of channel
Check out this interview with theCube where our CEO discusses how we’re addressing these challenges.
To learn more about creating personalized omnichannel experiences for your customers, download our whitepaper.