Reconnect is one of the most important events on our Selligent calendar every year – and one of our favorite ways to celebrate all the fantastic clients we have around the world. We look forward every year to gathering in person to be inspired as marketers and to connect with our peers. But this year presented a challenge, of course, as a result of the worldwide pandemic. Like so many global events, Reconnect was held virtually; a first for Selligent. But at the same time, it presented us with the opportunity to create a new digital experience for our clients and teams. As a company that represents and celebrates digital innovation, Selligent was equipped to transform Reconnect into something new, innovative, and dynamic – at a time when our clients, partners, and team members were eager to connect with one another.
This year, we held six Reconnect events (in multiple languages) – and each one was a time of inspiration, information, and celebration, with digital experiences addressing relevant marketing challenges, designed to help marketers excel. We shared important Selligent information and product updates... recognized innovative and inspiring work done by our clients and partners this past year... and spent time connecting with one another.
I’m proud to say that, on so many levels, Reconnect 20 was a smashing success; the result of a unified effort on the part of so many different Selligent departments, to create a truly extraordinary experience. And while true success is measured by more than numbers, here’s a quick look at some of the metrics from our six global Reconnect events:
- 1,100+ total registered participants
- 23 countries represented through attendance
- 25 different speakers/presenters
- 6 Public Vote Awards
- 7 global awards jurors
- +88% increase in submissions for Selligent Awards – a record number!
On top of these impressive numbers, Reconnect participants left with 3 key takeaways for the direction of our platform:
- Selligent remains focused on helping brands and marketers to leverage integrated data from different sources and communication channels. We are adding and will be adding more Artificial Intelligence technologies to automate continuous learning and discovery through data.
- Our platform will continue to take advantage of Machine Learning to understand and generate optimized relevancy for all of your communications. Our clients will benefit from new technologies like interest tags or Smart Subject, with other technologies like Natural Language Processing (NLP) to help them by providing accurate content for each individual.
- Expect to see Machine Learning to allow you to automate the timing, audience, or channel, to better identify the behavior of each contact, and to personalize your communication strategy.
Kudos to the winners of our Public Vote Awards:
- UK: Efteling & Yourzine for their Afscheid van de Bob Campaign. Their omnichannel approach and use of Selligent capabilities created a unique experience for their audience.
- France: Botanic for their Father’s Day / Mother’s Day pre-campaign, which put the interest and wellness of their customers at the center.
- Germany: Cineplex for their Covid Campaign, which showed how an industry so heavily impacted by the situation can remain creative and keep on engaging with its audience.
- Spain: Bimba y Lola for their automated campaign which completely innovated the way they communicated with their customers, sending personalized communications across multiple languages, time zones, and cultures.
- Italy: Capri s.R.L. and agency partner e-One, who implemented personalized customer journeys, email, and CRM strategies, leading to a customer base expansion.
- North America: Alliant Credit Union for their "Member Referral Contest," a fun, interactive marketing campaign that resulted in 7,000 new prospects, plus hundreds of new opt-ins and members.
And speaking of awards... make sure to save the date and register now for our digital global Selligent Awards ceremony on December 15 – a virtual celebration of the best in digital marketing! We will honor the hard work our clients and partners have accomplished this year, and the successful, creative campaigns they’ve developed and executed through the Selligent platform. Register and save your seat now!
Thanks once again to all our Selligent clients, partners, and team members for your ongoing support and commitment.