While cross-channel marketing is clearly the path businesses start to walk and what Selligent stands for, email marketing is not only often the glue that binds all interactions together; it’s the channel that people and marketers still use most in touchpoints. In the space between email marketing and cross-touchpoint or cross-channel marketing, there are ample opportunities to improve email interactions, make them more personalized and increase both relevance and conversions.
Working with intelligent scenarios, leading to a more personal way of email marketing, businesses can further optimize, segment and create trigger- and behavior-based flows.
When developing several scenarios and adding them to your email marketing, you create and fine-tune follow-up interactions in anticipation of different potential outcomes of your messages.
Scenarios in email marketing: it’s about customer-centricity
Optimizing conversions is one of the goals of such scenarios.
However, scenarios also enable you to segment your recipients and market in a way that goes far beyond traditional segmentation methods, based upon demographic criteria, for instance.
In the end scenario marketing is all about customer-centricity: you focus on what each recipient wants, combining several – potential - outcomes and customer data, aiming to be as relevant as possible while personalizing according to preferences and signals as much as you can.
How do you start segmentation using scenarios?
- Develop an overview of all possible interactions (including not interacting) and touchpoints.
- Create tailor-made messages for the various situations.
- Map potential outcomes, what influences them and how important they are.
- Look where you can create added value, both for the recipient and your business.
- Run tests and start analyzing impact.
- Improve and define segmentation based on scenarios and email interactions.
- Use the recipient insights you gain, combine them where possible with other data and refine further.
- Develop more scenarios where and when needed, taking into account preferences and conversions.
- Keep testing scenarios and adapt your email marketing program accordingly. Optimization never ends.
Do you want to know how you can achieve smarter email marketing interactions by segmenting and setting up intelligent and customer-centric scenarios?
Discover how Selligent Interactive Marketing can make your email marketing smarter and request a live demo. You can also contact us or read more about our advanced email marketing possibilities here.
Communication channels depend on the consumer and marketing is about engaging the cross-channel customer and prospect throughout integrated dialogs that are driven by his/her buying journey, preferences, triggers, signals and behavior.
Discover why your business should move to an integrated marketing approach step by step and how.
Discover Selligent’s integrated interactive marketing and conversion marketing solutions, offering you marketing automation features, integration with CRM and advanced reporting or contact us for more information.