We've been a customer of Selligent for almost 6 years and our relationship with Selligent has allowed us to be more 1-to-1: to be more relationship focused, be less batch, less blast and really communicate with our members
SaaS Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Customer lifecycle marketing means sending the right message to the right customer at the right time, based on their evolving relationship with a brand. It emphasizes using consumer data to understand where they are in the consumer lifecycle and serving them with useful information that is relevant to their current context.
The end goal of consumer lifecycle marketing is to build deeper, more substantial relationships between a brand and the consumer to encourage more conversions, whether in terms of purchases, subscriptions, sign-ups or attendance.
Tracking the Lifecycle Progression
Consumer lifecycle marketing tracks the buying stages of consumers to help businesses better budget, prioritize and forecast future marketing decisions.
The consumer lifecycle is made up of five distinct steps:
- Reach, or getting the attention of the potential consumer: This step is accomplished through paid search, social media marketing, and much more. In order to capture potential consumers' attention, personalization through real-time data is essential.
- Acquisition, or keeping consumer attention and increasing traffic: This step has to do with measuring conversions.
- Conversion, or the success of turning a visitor into a customer: This step is more than just a sale; conversions are the successful completion of specific activities, such as signing up for a newsletter, downloading a white paper, or filling out a contact form to generate leads.
- Retention, or keeping, upselling and cross-selling consumers: This step requires tracking action and delivering value on a personal level.
- Loyalty, or encouraging consumers to advocate for the brand: This step is about turning customers into evangelists for your brand—spreading the word about your company. Loyal customers are not just happy with the service or product; they have become partners and advocates.
There seems to be consensus that the loyalty phase should be getting as much investment as the consumer acquisition phase, though it often does not. Increased focus on planned and triggered communications at this phase protects consumer lifetime value (CLV).
Selligent’s SaaS Platform | Integrated Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Once these stages have been mapped, the Selligent SaaS platform delivers all the functionality required to execute consumer lifecycle strategies. First and foremost, lifecycle marketing programs are built upon consumer data. A company’s lifecycle marketing will only be as good as the information captured and the ease with which the intelligence can be manipulated and applied to tactics.
Selligent’s Universal Consumer Profile
Selligent provides a “super profile” for each contact to facilitate analysis and precision targeting. No merges of disparate data sources are required.
Cross-channel communications are also attached to Selligent's Consumer Profile. The European automaker Opel provides a compelling success story for cross-channel opportunities. Opel chose Selligent to map its consumer lifecycle and deploy cross-channel marketing campaigns, and the first campaign kicked off with a cross-channel survey and delivered impressive results, including 17,000 new email subscribers and 7,000 new Facebook fans.
Selligent’s Contextual Personalization
Contextual personalization allows brands to nurture more profitable consumer relationships with messaging relevant to each person’s current context. Personalized, data-driven content is delivered in the moment by tying real-time consumer behavioral data to individual consumer profiles.
Selligent's dynamic content tools leverage consumer information to marry a message to a moment and deliver true contextual marketing across all channels. For some recommendations on applying contextual email marketing, refer to the 7 Essential Lifecycle Marketing Programs for Email Marketers. These examples cover all the steps of the lifecycle continuum, from reach to loyalty.
The Selligent retarget feature allows the use of simple, guided workflows to analyze and define audiences based on the actions, purchase history or CRM profile data. Those audience’s are then retargeted and lifecycle campaigns are developed based on the rules established. The point-and-click interface guides and pre-set drivers allow marketers to retain control of these initiatives.
Contact Selligent today to learn more about its robust and “proven in the field” SaaS solution for consumer lifecycle marketing.