We've been a customer of Selligent for almost 6 years and our relationship with Selligent has allowed us to be more 1-to-1: to be more relationship focused, be less batch, less blast and really communicate with our members
Email Marketing vs. Social Media
There’s no denying the power of social media to connect to new customers and expand your business. But when it comes to email marketing vs. social media, a solid email marketing campaign will outperform “likes” every time, and averages a 4,300% ROI for businesses in the United States. Try pairing them together to make for an even more effective strategy.
Comparing Email Marketing and Social Media Marketing
There are several benefits of using social media for business:
- The casual nature of social media makes users feel comfortable. Social media is geared toward sharing fun finds with friends.
- Social media marketing is entertainment-based, so there is less urgency and pressure to buy, which is appealing to consumers. Viral marketing done right is more likely to be shared on social media sites.
- People using Facebook and Twitter are less likely to deactivate accounts, versus the dreaded “unsubscribe” link in emails.
- Social media platforms are starting to utilize targeted campaigns that feature advertisements in user feeds that cater to their specific interests.
- Organic growth means customers can share information instantly. Social media users are more likely to share posts and brand information on websites than forwarding an email to their friends.
Email Marketing Pros
- There are three times more email accounts than there are Facebook and Twitter accounts combined.
- Scrolling is convenient, but it’s a curse for social media. Your message is much more likely to be seen through email and is six times more likely to get a click.
- By the end of 2016, there will be over 3 billion active email accounts.
- Email marketing is 40 times more successful at acquiring new clients than Facebook or Twitter.
- Emails allow for a personal and commercial touch by informing clients directly about new products, features, and services.
Put the best of both worlds to work for you with Selligent Marketing Cloud. Embed social media links and calendar event updates within your email, giving consumers more ways to connect with your brand—no matter where they are. Give your customers the option to share emails and opt-in for mobile updates with the touch of a button.
Combining Social Media and Email with One Solution
Bring the battle between email marketing vs. social media to an end—form a new frontier with both platforms working for you in real-time.
Selligent Marketing Cloud provides an integrated, omnichannel platform designed to make email marketing easier for hyper-connected consumers. Help your customers engage with your products and services in real-time, across multiple platforms.
Here is why Selligent Marketing Cloud stands out:
- Our platform creates a single-source profile for anonymous visitors and identified contacts alike.
- Utilize our high-performance global ESP and scalable cloud-based infrastructure.
- Cost effectively analyze and activate your on-domain browsing history, personal data, purchase data, online behavioral data, response data, and other supplied data sets.
- Our omnichannel strategy connects across your email, mobile, social media, web, and customer care profile.
- Get real-time updates across platforms.
- Email segmentation lets you reach more personalized audiences.
- Lifecycle journey mapping and email campaign creation makes organizing data a breeze.
- Training and support are offered.
Connect Selligent Marketing Cloud today, and integrate all of your online resources with simplicity and style.